Oliver Burn have a highly experienced and qualified in house property management team with over 20 years combined experience within the industry. Our dedicated management team is able to look after all aspects of management and deal promptly with all queries which may arise during a tenancy. Our management team provide swift resolution to any problems or concerns and work hard to build a rapport with both landlord and tenant.

It is our duty to give Landlords peace of mind by protecting their investment. A well-managed property increases the chances of a tenant remaining in the property for a greater period. Our experienced team will ensure your property is regularly inspected, monitored and maintained, using computer software specifically designed to manage your property effectively.

  • We can manage single units to portfolios of any size.
  • We can take over an existing management contract.
  • Ongoing monthly rental collection from your tenants.
  • Prompt BACS payments to landlords for rents.
  • 100% Success Rate for rent collection with no arrears.
  • Detailed monthly accounting to the landlord including provisions for contractor invoices.
  • Collection of missed payments or arrears.
  • Retain tax and pay Inland Revenue in respect of non UK resident landlords
  • Deal with HMRC if necessary in respect of all landlord rental income queries.
  • Payment of outgoings where demanded, subject to the availability of funds.
  • Ensuring that our clients' properties comply with the latest safety regulations.
  • Inform utility companies when a change of tenancy takes place.
  • Arranging routine repairs and maintenance with a selection of suitable contractors.
  • Supplying our clients with legislative information upon request.
  • Liaising with the Tenant and reporting to the Landlord with recommended course of action.
  • The reconciliation of deposit at the end of the tenancy.
  • Carry out property inspection every 6 months report to landlord along with Digital Photos.
  • Arrange for an independent inventory check in and check out.
  • Deal with (and offer advice on) any claims for damages arising from the 'Check out' Report.
  • Registering Deposits under TDS
  • Fully Insured and Registered with Ombudsman and Client Money Protection schemes.
  • NAEA Registered.

Compliance with safety regulations

As a Landlord, you have an obligation to ensure that your property complies with all the necessary regulations. These include :

  • A full electrical installation condition report (EICR). This will is statutory and must be carried out every 5 years. Insurance companies will not honour claims where the certificate is not present. PAT testing is compulsory.
  • Smoke alarms must be fitted as standard on each level (or kitchen).
  • Carbon Monoxide alarm recommended installation
  • First aid kit and a fire blanket fixed to a kitchen wall (or within a kitchen cupboard) in recommended.
  • Annual gas safety checks on all appliances.
  • Making sure any furniture or furnishings comply with safety regulations.
  • Making sure water tanks are tested for Legionella if a property has been empty for more than 2 months.

Energy Performance

All buildings in the private rented sector require an EPC with a minimum rating of E. This certificate will remain valid for ten years. Landlords are required by law to obtain and make available a copy of the EPC to prospective tenants at the earliest opportunity and must provide the person who takes up the tenancy with a copy. Oliver Burn can organise an EPC from an approved supplier at a competitive rate. Please note that from 2025 the minimum rating will be C. Landlords should take advantage of the Government’s Green Homes Grant Project which runs until 2022.

Oliver Burn Checklist for Landlords

Before you can market your property for rental purposes, you will need to:

  • Consider your mortgage. If you are thinking about letting a property that has previously been occupied by an owner-occupier you will need to inform the current mortgage lender that tenants will be living in the property. In most instances you will be required to switch to a buy to let mortgage.
  • Get specialist landlord insurance, you will not be covered by regular household insurance.
  • Let your freeholder (if you have one) know that tenants will be living in the property.
  • Decide if you are going to rent your flat as furnished or unfurnished
  • If you are going to be living overseas apply to HMRC for your Non Resident Landlord exemption certificate

Fee Structure

Our Lettings and Management Fees range from 5% to 15% plus VAT.

Please enquire with us today to discuss the options available to you.